Many individuals have adopted online purchasing as a way of life. It is faster and easier to shop online than in person. Customers may compare competitive pricing from reputable firms, see a greater selection of items, discover the greatest savings, and read evaluations from other consumers by using it.
According to Statista, by the end of 2021, 2.14 billion individuals will be purchasing goods and services online worldwide. Given that the global auto parts industry reached $722.8 billion by 2020, it’s only natural that established businesses and new dealers from the auto parts sector would develop their own online auto parts store.
Entrepreneurs looking to start a new business may find it challenging to get off the ground. Opening an online auto parts store is a terrific method for individuals to begin an internet company. Or you have been in the auto parts business for a while, and you feel like it’s time to take your store online. You are probably scratching your head, wondering how to get started with auto parts eCommerce software?
This article will talk about what auto part eCommerce stores need to know before making their first sale. We will also go over some of the most trusted auto parts store software to help entrepreneurs start their auto part eCommerce store from scratch or grow an existing one exponentially!
How To Open Your Own Online Auto Parts Store
There are several methods for selling automobile components online. On the one hand, an auto parts dealer wanting to establish an eCommerce business may build their own website. To set up an online store, these companies must use Shopify or BigCommerce to create a website. These businesses provide a lot of customization freedom, allowing them to cater to any niche.
Another option is to start auto part shops on internet marketplaces like Amazon or eBay. Both Amazon and eBay enable sellers to establish an online store where consumers may buy and sell automobile parts online.
Your eCommerce Website
Before selling on eBay and Amazon’s marketplaces, many part’s company owners create their own websites. You may either build your website or hire a web designer to host it if you want to sell automobile parts on your own site.
An open-source framework or self-hosted eCommerce software is required for your platform. WordPress is one of the most popular open-source website platforms. A web developer or designer will be required to develop the site in addition to any other elements such as product images and descriptions that you want to be included.
Selling on Amazon
Amazon is the most popular sales channel for automobile parts and accessories because of its extensive client base. However, Automotive & Powersports is a restricted category, so only Professional Amazon vendors can advertise items. To submit your listing, you must currently be a Professional selling member with an excellent account. Alternatively, you may have Amazon evaluate your website for you.
Selling on eBay
eBay is one of the most successful channels for auto part and accessory sales. eBay is another excellent way to sell these items if you’re selling used automobile parts or new aftermarket automotive components and accessories. Because it was not only built with consumers in mind but also to enhance sellers’ experiences. eBay has established a reputation as the internet store where individuals may place bids or purchase used car parts.
eBay is a straightforward method to sell your car components because it works similarly to selling anything else on the eCommerce platform. If you don’t already have an eBay account, you’ll need to set one up and select the Sell option in Categories. Choose eBay Motors, then Parts & Accessories from the drop-down menu in Categories. As you go through the list, make sure you clarify what the part is for – automobiles, motorbikes, boats, and so on.
How To Increase Your Auto Parts Store Sales
If you run an auto-part store, there’s no doubt that increasing your revenues is a top priority. You might not know how to go about it effectively. The good news is that by knowing your product and target audience and the online channels to sell your items, you can find the solution to increase sales for your automobile parts store!
Understand The Merchandise
Auto parts businesses can better promote their products and services by understanding the components and accessories they’re selling. This will increase the value of their auto parts store, as well as helping to create a more personalized experience for customers. These can be broken up into two main categories:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) – OEM implies that the components are made by the same firm that creates original parts for automobile manufacturers.
- Third-Party Manufacturer – The term third-party means purchasing components from a vendor that does not produce them for the manufacturer.
Know To Whom You’re Selling
Aftermarket automobile parts buyers come from a wide range of demographics and organizations. The wholesale consumer, for example, is a company that sells to other businesses or individuals. Car enthusiasts or simply people who wish to make a one-time purchase are classified as retail consumers. It’s important to think about your target market when designing and maintaining your eCommerce website.
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for evaluating your current user demographics if you already have a website and are considering integrating eCommerce functionality. With Google Analytics, you may analyze your audience by age group, gender, nation, hobbies, and more.
If you don’t already have a website, there are numerous market research options available online for determining what automotive aftermarket shoppers are interested in when buying parts. Knowing who your target customers are might assist you in better understanding how to sell automobile components online.
Optimizing the Ordering Process
A convoluted ordering process is the quickest way to drive away customers. If your client’s equipment is broken, they want it fixed as soon as possible. They don’t want to waste time and are looking to keep the downtime to a bare minimum.
When purchasing automobile components online, consider the following concerns. Make sure that the client has no trouble locating the parts and accessories they require. In addition, you must guarantee that ordering is quick, simple, and convenient from any location. Finally, processing must be rapid, dependable, precise, and secure.
Maintain Your Fitment Data
In the online parts business, fitment data is crucial. While many aftermarket auto part stores rely on identical product information as manufacturers, it is critical for vehicle accessory store owners to maintain accurate and up-to-date fitment data. Ensure that all of your listings have the correct car information and check prices across multiple sites to ensure you receive the lowest price from every vendor.
This way, you can guarantee the best auto part store prices for your customers. At its core, having great auto parts software will enable you to maintain accurate fitment data and enhance your online business operations. Implementing an eCommerce solution with auto parts inventory management capabilities is what you’ll need!
What Kind Of Software Auto Parts Stores Need?
To create a successful auto parts store, you’ll need to use an integrated software package to establish an effective business management system. Some of the solutions are quite different from those used by standard retail companies. To run a car parts shop, for example, a car part shop owner will require the following:
- ERP Software – Aftermarket parts businesses can benefit from ERP software. It provides a comprehensive system allowing for collaboration, supply chain management capabilities, and a complete view of what’s going on inside the firm.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – Customer relationship management software is necessary since it allows you to gather consumer information, which may help you improve customer service. Building a customer-centric company is essential for success because most of today’s customers are brand loyal. CRM enables you to make data-driven decisions on everything from marketing coordination, sales, and client communication improvement to up-selling.
- Auto Parts POS System – The right POS system is required to handle the off-stocking of many automobile components and accessories and can also help with customer service. It can also keep track of your top sales, monitor incoming shipments, and send out automatic invoices to clients. You can use POS hardware to scan items, save papers, capture electronic signatures, and more.
- eCommerce Software – A well-designed eCommerce automobile component website that can manage precise and real-time inventory management, comprehensive fitment information, and thousands of SKUs (stock-keeping units) will aid your company’s success. Verify that your eCommerce platform is compatible with your accounting software, auto parts inventory software, regulatory software, auto parts retail POS system, and other existing systems.
- Warehouse Management Software (WMS) – Warehouse management software (WMS) is essential for monitoring and optimizing the flow of items through your warehouse. It handles everything from process improvement to inventory tracking and inventory control, as well as good delivery throughout your warehouse operations.
- Automotive Repair Software – Dealerships also have automobile repair facilities to install aftermarket car parts and accessories. It will aid in the automation of tasks such as auto repair shop administration.
- Auto Parts Database Software – Maintaining a vehicle part database is an ongoing process requiring a database management solution. You must submit the correct fitment data, but this data varies monthly. Furthermore, if the fitment information doesn’t match the new changes, you’ll have blanks and holes in your catalog that will prevent consumers from finding what they’re searching for. This can lead to missed sales opportunities, costly returns, and lower customer experience.
The Importance of Auto Parts Database Software
With automobile component database software’s simplicity and automation, you can save all your car information in one spot. Many of the top suppliers in the automobile parts business utilize database programs to create and maintain a consistent, single viewpoint on product data for thousands of items. Every implementation may include hundreds of thousands of vehicle variants as well as hundreds of part-to-vehicle connections.
Auto component database software solutions include cloud-based software that offers highly configurable authoring and reporting capabilities. They assist automobile component businesses in managing their varied inquiries from a single dashboard while also improving data security. Furthermore, the program may be used to obtain the most up-to-date versions of ACES and PIES databases as well as a vehicle mapping interface. This provides you with real-time feedback on a suitable car model depending on your specified criteria.
In addition, the business rule assistance will enable you to update product information and other digital assets continually. That data can be processed and distributed into your information supply in near real-time.
The Benefits of Auto Parts Database Software
When it comes to automobile parts database software, there are several alternatives available. SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) is the most popular option, allowing users to access and manage their data from any location as long as they have a stable Internet connection. Aside from that, an automotive parts business can also benefit in the following ways:
- Improved product branding for increased business success. With an auto parts database software, you’ll be able to promote different product brand names and items on various marketplaces (e.g., Amazon and eBay Motors). ACES data is what powers Amazon Part Finder’s features, so your fitment or compatibility table will benefit you if you sell on Amazon. Regardless of the platform, your database program will minimize typical data entry mistakes, ensuring that the information about your goods is up-to-date as often as possible.
- Expanding your reach. If you don’t use fitment filters to optimize your aftermarket parts eCommerce store, you’ll be missing out on a lot of potential customers. You won’t meet your company’s potential because you aren’t informing all the possible buyers looking for compatible parts that fit their vehicles. Visibility, search exposure, and interested consumers are all improved thanks to database software and fitment filters.
- Application fitment. Auto parts database software can connect to every vehicle type available on the vehicle configuration database (VCdb). Also, any monthly changes made by ACA to its ACES and PIES criteria will be shown in an actionable and straightforward dashboard.
- Increased data security. With the number of cybersecurity breaches on the rise, data security is more important than ever. As a result, safeguarding your parts database and other information is critical. Auto components database software has numerous security measures such as antivirus and anti-malware protection, access control lists, multi-factor authentication, VPNs, PCI DSS compliance, and HIPAA compliance.
Preventing Data Spoils on Your Auto Parts Store Catalog
Since new automotive components and vehicles are continuously entering the market, vehicle configurations vary. To put it another way, all the auto part information is compared against specific point-in-time layouts. If you don’t keep your database up to date regularly, fitment data spoilage is a risk. You must do monthly validations and updates to avoid spoiling your fitment data.
Because there are so many changes every time you fix an issue, there will always be another one coming up. As a result, any automobile parts online store or website with a catalog must have frequent fitment checks to prevent data spoilage.
One of the most essential business assets you possess is your fitment data. This means that any issues must be discovered and addressed as soon as possible. To be able to do so, you’ll need coverage metrics on both goods and vehicles that enable you to find flaws and gaps in your catalog. Even small auto part shop owners don’t want to waste their time on manual data entry because it’s difficult and time-consuming.
What happens if the automobiles on which your goods are mapped have been removed? In that circumstance, they will be identified as invalid and not shown to internet customers browsing your catalog looking for the correct item. These are all holes in your fitment data, and you must fill them by making auto parts auto-validation a monthly event.
The Evokat Premier Software
Automobile equipment firms will be able to truly assist clients in all of the aspects we’ve discussed so far, as well as more. This is where Evokat Premier shines. It’s a versatile tool that allows you to manage all different demands from a single location while also allowing you to generate distinct data sets for your customers and channel partners.
Evokat Premier is a cloud-based authoring and reporting tool that supports ACES, PIES, and their databases. It’s also a SaaS aftermarket catalog inventory management system that allows you to access and manage your data from numerous places if there’s an internet connection.
Because it is cloud-based, you won’t need to spend any money on hardware or software to operate it. Branding flexibility is also improved, allowing you to market your items in various markets while maintaining distinct brand identities.
In other words, auto part sellers will almost certainly need to keep your fitment data up-to-date on a daily basis. And the best solution for maintaining that level of precision is to utilize an aftermarket vehicle parts data management software. Evokat Premier can assist you in all of these areas while also boosting monthly sales figures and reducing product returns.