Many automotive businesses in the auto aftermarket are facing a similar problem. The automobile eCommerce business has become a highly complex and dynamic industry as a result of ever-increasing data demands, as well as unique marketing needs. As a result, an increasing number of car part producers, distributors, and retailers are searching for an integrated solution that will assist them in driving more possibilities, streamline communications, improve customer experience, increase sales, and stay ahead of the competition.
Online shopping is more popular and widespread than ever before in today’s increasingly technological and digitized business environment. And the COVID-19 epidemic has only accelerated this trend. Online shopping is easier and more convenient than in the past, and it also allows customers to read product reviews and compare prices from established businesses. Shopping over the internet also gives consumers greater freedom when it comes to choosing products, and allowing them to get the greatest deals on the market.
According to market research, more than 2.14 billion internet customers will make at least one purchase throughout 2021. Furthermore, the automotive aftermarket sector is projected to hit $722.8 billion in sales in 2020, while digitally-influenced sales in the auto care sector are anticipated to top $162.4 billion. However, focusing on internet purchases alone will not guarantee success.
Running an automotive aftermarket business is no easy task. With all the different automotive parts available, it’s crucial to have software to ensure that everything is working effectively. From auto parts inventory software to CRMs, POS solutions, database management solutions, and everything else in-between, these tools will help you maintain steady inventory levels, improve customer service, and drive sales.
What Type of Software Do You Need To Run an Auto Parts Store?
To operate successful auto parts stores, you’ll need to use an integrated software package to build an effective business management system. Some of the tools are unlike those used by typical retail companies. To operate an automobile parts store, car parts shop owners will need:
- ERP Software – ERP is crucial in the aftermarket parts business since it provides a comprehensive system that may be audited at any time. It serves as a means for collaboration, allows supply chain management functions, and provides a whole company view of what is going on.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) – It’s crucial to have a customer relationship management system because it aids in collecting consumer information, which can help you improve the client experience. Building a customer-centric business is critical for success since most of today’s consumers are brand loyal. CRM enables you to make data-driven decisions on everything from marketing coordination, sales, and customer communication improvement to up-selling and cross-selling.
- eCommerce Software – A well-built eCommerce auto part website capable of supporting accurate and real-time inventory management, detailed fitment data, and millions of SKUs (stock-keeping units) will help you succeed. Ensure your eCommerce platform can be linked with your accounting software, auto parts inventory software, regulatory software, auto parts retail POS system, CRM, and other existing systems.
- POS Software – A comprehensive aftermarket POS solution is needed to handle the off-stocking of a wide range of car parts and accessories, as well as enhanced client service. It can keep track of your top sellers, track incoming shipments, and send automatic invoices to consumers. You may use POS hardware to capture electronic signatures, save papers, scan things, and check single and multiple store locations.
- Warehouse Management Software (WMS) – Warehouse management software (WMS) is crucial for keeping track of and optimizing the flow of items through your warehouse. It manages all aspects of your warehouse operations, from process improvement to inventory tracking and inventory control to good delivery.
- Automotive Repair Software – Many dealerships also have auto repair shops to install aftermarket auto parts and accessories. It will help with task automation related to auto repair shop management.
- Auto Parts Database Software – Database management solution is required because keeping an automobile part database is a continuous job. You must upload the appropriate fitment data, but this data changes monthly. And if the fitment information doesn’t match the new modifications, you’ll have gaps and holes in your catalog that prevent customers from finding what they’re looking for. You may load vehicle part fitment information into Evokat Premier in bulk and have your database updated automatically every month using software like this.
How Does an Auto Parts Database Software Help?
The simplicity and automation of automobile component database software allow you to collect all of your vehicle information in one location.
Many of the auto parts industry’s top suppliers use database applications to build and keep track of a consistent, single perspective on product data for thousands of items. Every implementation may include hundreds of thousands of vehicle variants, as well as millions of part-to-vehicle connections.
Auto part database software solutions incorporate cloud-based software that provides highly configurable authoring and reporting features. They aid auto component retailers in managing all of their varied inquiries from a single dashboard while also improving data security.
Furthermore, the program may be used to obtain the most up-to-date versions of ACES and PIES databases as well as a vehicle mapping interface. This gives real-time feedback on a suitable car model based on your desired criteria.
The advanced data modeling and product hierarchy capabilities, data quality tools, import and export functions, and business rule assistance will let you continuously update product information and other digital assets. You’ll be able to process and deliver that data into your information supply in near real-time. Auto part sellers may use the database software features to do the following:
- Provide content to all receivers in various formats and a consistent manner.
- Ensure up-to-date and accurate information from every original equipment manufacturer as well as other third-party vendors.
- Eliminate or minimize data inconsistencies.
- Update all other systems to incorporate the most current material.
- Manage all product information in one location.
You can create and manage a database to increase productivity through the most efficient use of resources. You can also enhance brand value through up-to-date, high-quality content as a result of these features. Regardless of what sort of automobile parts and accessories you’re selling, the program connects to all vehicles available in the VCdb, PCdb, and PAdb databases.
Evokat Premier Software
Automobile parts vendors will be able to truly help customers with all of the features we’ve discussed up till now, as well as more. This is where Evokat Premier comes in. It’s a very adaptable solution that enables you to handle all separate requests from a single location while also allowing you to generate unique collections of data for your consumers and channel partners.
Simply said, Evokat Premier will give you customizable authoring and reporting tools as well as an easy-to-use interface that agrees with ACES, PIES, and their databases. It’s also a Software as a Service (SaaS) aftermarket catalog inventory management system, so you’ll be able to access and manage your data from multiple locations, as long as there’s an internet connection.
Because it’s cloud-based, you won’t need to invest in any hardware or software to use it. The system also includes improved security features and branding flexibility, allowing you to sell your products in numerous marketplaces while maintaining distinct brand identities.
In other words, auto parts sellers will almost certainly need to keep your fitment data clean and correct on a daily basis. And the only way to maintain that level of accuracy is to use an aftermarket car parts data management program. Evokat Premier can help every online store owner accomplish all of this and improve your speed to market, decrease product returns, and enhance monthly sales totals.